9.10.2011

Game Day @ Home

If you know me or my family, you're probably wondering what in the world I'm doing watching the Razorbacks play football from home. I know, shocking. We decided to sell our tickets and watch the game from the comfort of our own home (on the couch!). This will be our last weekend we don't have anything (weddings/football games) until Thanksgiving!! You heard me right, we are about to be full speed for the next few months!

We do, however, have this hanging on the door today to show our Razorback spirit!


And in the crock pot, I've got bacon-wrapped ranch chicken with baked potatoes! YUM!!
(this was when I first put it in-frozen)

It was so simple, and I just sort of threw it together this afternoon.
  • Chicken breasts, frozen (however many you will serve)
  • bacon (1-3 slices per breast, it's up to you)
  • chives (fresh/dried)
  • cumin
  • pepper
  • 1/4 cup sour cream (I used fat-free)
  • 2 Tbsp Ranch (dry mix)
  • baking potatoes (however many you will serve)
Directions
1) Spray the crock. 2) Season chicken breasts with chives, cumin, & pepper. 3) Wrap each in bacon and place in the bottom of the crock pot. 4) Mix ranch mix & sour cream together and dollop on top of chicken breasts. 5) Wash potatoes and pat dry. Then wrap in foil & place next to chicken in the crock pot. 6) Cook on high 3.5-4 hours.
(I checked the chicken and took it out when I thought it was done). If cooking on low, I would cook for 6+ hours.

I can't wait to share more crock pot recipes and show you the rest of the burlap door hangers I've been busy working on for fall!

Wooooooooooooo PIG SOOIEEE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment