(picture by www.foodess.com)
For once, I didn't alter the recipe. You can find more detailed directions for this recipe at www.foodess.com.
Moist Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot coffee (or 2 tsp instant coffee in 1 cup boiling water, or simply 1 cup boiling water)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease two 9-inch baking pans and set aside.
3) In the large bowl of a standing mixer, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4) Add eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract; beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
5) Stir in hot coffee.
6) Pour batter evenly between the two pans and bake on middle rack of oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
7) Cool completely on wire racks before frosting.
Seriously, you've got to make this cake!! Have a great weekend!