Baon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Muffins. What a mouth-full! I am going out of town for the week (probably should be packing instead of blogging right now!) and decided to make these for the week so that my husband doesn't starve. Awww, what a sweet wife I am! They are the perfect breakfast to grab & go, or you could eat them as a snack. These were so simple to whip up and they taste amazing!
Thanks to Pinterest (recipe from cookingwithmykids.com) for this great recipe!
All you do is fry up some bacon (any kind)
Cut out biscuits (10-12). I used Bisquick to make my dough, and ended up with ~15, so I had leftover dough for plain biscuits.
Place biscuits in a pre-greased muffin tins, making sure to press down and up the sides.
Divide the cheese among the muffin tins.
Whip up eggs + spices and pour over top. Top them off with crumbled bacon!
- 4-5 slices of bacon, fried & crumbled/chopped (I used turkey bacon)
- 10-12 biscuits (can buy pre-made or make from Heart Healthy Bisquick like I did)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( I used spicy habanero cheddar)
- 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup egg beaters)
- 3 Tbsp milk
- pepper to taste (or any other seasoning you'd like)
1) fry up bacon & chop/crumble
2) roll out biscuit dough and use cup/biscuit cutter to make 10-12 circles (slightly larger than muffin tins)
3) place biscuits in pre-greased muffin tins pressing against bottoms & sides
4) sprinkle cheddar cheese, dividing among muffin tins
5) beat eggs + milk + spices and pour among muffin tins (it won't seem like much in each tin)
6) top with bacon bits
*Cook on 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
It won't seem like you are adding much to each muffin tin. In fact, they should each only be about 1/2 full. You will feel like you are barely putting any cheese/egg mixture in each tin, but remember, the biscuit dough on the bottom will rise!
*Click HERE to print this recipe from cookingwithmykids.com