12.04.2010

Thanksgiving and the Boot

Well, I decided to give my blog a little Christmas cheer....and all that resulted was a background color change to red. :)

I'm a week late posting this, but I wanted to share some pictures from the Thanksgiving holiday and the Battle of the Boot, which Arkansas won back this year! Wooooooooooooo pig sooieeeeeee!!!

To start, I should explain that our first Thanksgiving was spent in Neosho, MO, at my mom's parents' house (Pa & Grandmother's). My mom grew up there and my dad grew up about 20 minutes from there in Joplin, MO. I have been lucky to be able to see both sets of my grandparents when I travel to Missouri because they live so close together. There have been several occasions where both sides of my family have gotten together because they are so close in location, and this Thanksgiving was one of those occasions. My dad's mom (grandma King) and his sister were able to come spend Thanksgiving with my mom's family. We had such a great time, and such great food!

Here are some of the pics:

Mom, me, Grandmother (Mary Beth Lane)

my Pa (Calvin Lane) 

Grandmother was so proud of her pheasant centerpiece she got for her 85th birthday

Aunt Susan (from the King side)

my roasted veggies...I plan on posting the recipe. So good!

Cheers!

Dad and his mom, Grandma King

After we were stuffed....Football!!


Derek and I drove back to AR the next day, and on Saturday, we cheered on the Razorbacks vs. LSU for the Battle of the Boot in Little Rock!

it was a beautiful day for a Razorback win!!

Frazier, Luke, and Derek

Austin, me, and dad

Go Hogs Go!!!

Derek and I were happy for a win!

no, this is not the gold boot....but kind of funny

the real, heavy, gold boot...back where it belongs :)


We had a great Thanksgiving holiday and were glad we could wrap it up with football tradition. Can't wait for our first Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment