8.09.2011

Buffalo Blue Grilled Cheese

I know I mentioned at the end of my last post that I would share my Pepperonie Piggies recipe next, but I had these amazing sandwiches after church the other day and I just HAD to share the recipe. 

Raise your hand if you love buffalo wing sauce? (meeeeeeeeeeeee). I love anything that's vinegar-y and tangy. Everytime I go out to eat (rare occasion) or look up a recipe I'm drawn to the word buffalo because of my obsession with the kick and flavor it gives. I was "pinning" recipes on Pinterest (you can read about Pinterest HERE) and came across the most brilliant grilled cheese sandwich I've ever laid eyes on. 

The original recipe came from the blog, Grilled Cheese Social. It has a lot of ingredients and I wanted to simplify, as well as alter it to my preference and things I had on hand. You can always expect me to alter the recipe!  

*NOTE: this is by no means a "healthy" recipe, nor did I do much "healthifying" of the ingredients list.  


Is your mouth watering, yet? Here's how I prepared mine...

Buffalo Blue Grilled Cheese
-6 slices of Sourdough Bread (any thick, white bread will do)
-butter, for cooking the sandwiches in the skillet
-2 tbs ranch dip/dressing
-2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese (we used 1/4 cup and it was a little much)
-1/4 C shredded cheddar
-2 cooked, shredded chicken breast halves
-1/4 cup wing sauce (I used Kroger's Spicy Garlic Wing Sauce)

Directions:
1. Mix ranch, blue cheese, & cheddar in a small bowl until smooth consistency. Spread onto each slice (all 6) of bread.
2. In a medium bowl, mix shredded chicken and wing sauce until coated. Evenly divide chicken mixture among 3 slices of bread, mounding directly on top of the cheese mixture. Top with remaining 3 slices of bread (already spread with cheese mixture).
3. Butter outsides of each sandwich and place on a skillet/stovetop grill on medium-high heat until golden brown on each side.
4. ENJOY!!!
 

Here's what they looked like on the grill before I topped them off with the other slice of bread


This made 3 sandwiches for us...and I'm glad that was it, otherwise I would've kept eating it. It was that good. Go on, you know you want to go make one RIGHT NOW. You won't be sorry that you did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment