11.07.2010

Banana Pancakes

So I've failed to capture this past weekend of wedding fun in Texarkana because I can't seem to bring my camera WITH the battery in it....sigh. Congrats to Leah and Thomas Orr, though! Wonderful wedding!

On Saturday, Derek and I got to sleep in for the first time in about 5 weeks....it.was.amazing. When I woke up, I decided to make banana pankcakes, and they were delish! I threw some random stuff in just playing around, and they turned out pretty good!

 My phone doesn't take very good pics, but they were oh-so-good!

Here's the recipe:
2 cups bisquick (I used the heart healthy mix)
1 egg (I used 1/4 cup egg beaters)
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup ground flax seed
Cinnamon (no clue how much I sprinkled in there!)
1 overripe mashed banana

I think you know how to combine the above....

Cleaned plate:)


I've been on a flax seed kick because I just purchased some for the first time. Get the ground kind for the benefits of not only the fiber, but the omega-3 fatty acids for heart health! I add it to my cereal, oatmeal, yogurt....and pancakes! You can pretty much add it to anything. It's flavorless and odorless! 1/4 cup seems like a lot, but it is only 4 tablespoons (1 serving is 2 tablespoons)

If you like pancakes, you should definitely try this recipe! And it's even better with a little peanut butter on top! At least that's my opinion:)

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment