I love a good taco soup. And this recipe was just that! It comes from the blog Smashed Peas and Carrots.
This is so, so simple to make and the flavor is outstanding!
Chicken Taco Soup
- 2-4 chicken breast (no need to thaw!)
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chili beans or light red kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles (rotel)
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 12oz bottle of beer (or chicken broth)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
1) Drain/rinse corn, black beans & kidney beans
2) Place all ingredients into the crockpot and mix well. I left the chicken breasts on bottom after mixing ingredients together.
Set on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4. Take 2 forks & shred the chicken (I did this while still in the crocck pot, but you can take out and shred, then place back in).
Top with cheese & sour cream, serve with cornbread, tortilla chips or eat by itself. It's delish!
Thank you, Smashed Peas & Carrots!
*Click HERE to print this recipe.