10.17.2010

Wonderful weekend in NWA

So, I still can't figure out how to edit that HUGE picture of Derek and me at the top of the blog...hahha. I will figure it out one of these days.....

This weekend, my friend Megan and I headed to NWA for one of our pledge sisters' wedding in Rogers, AR.

Megan was such a great driver

The beautiful drive through NWA. Can't wait for more of the
leaves to start changing colors. It is always gorgeous!
I always get so excited driving into Fayetteville and seeing the
UofA up on the hill! It's like a little city up there!

When we got there, Megan dropped me off at Catfish Hole for the Belle reunion. Razorback Belles was a program that the UofA Football department had to assist in recruitment. The group of girls were selected and were in assigned to a recruit's family in order to assist them on their visit to our campus. When I joined, there was no more Belles program, we were simply just volunteers on the Football Recruiting staff, and helped with game day check in and pre-game meal for the recruits and their families, among several other responsibilities.

Catfish Hole restaurant in Fayetteville FREQUENTLY caters to
the UofA football department

This about sums up my memories working with these girls
in the football office! Not pictured: Joda (aka best boss!)

 I met back up with Megan and we stopped by our old home, the Chi Omega house! It was so good to be back and see Mom Sylvia and all of the updates to the house since we graduated!


Sweet home Chi Omega

Annual Owl Tree

Some of the new furniture. Megan was excited a bout the
zebra chairs in the other  room:)

And of course we were excited to see
the best house mom ever! Mom Sylvia!


Then Megan and I headed up to Rogers to check into our hotel. It was pretty much awesome! Here are some of the pics I took...I'm such a tourist!

The drive through to check-in

me trying to be artsy...we had a ton of luggage for just one night!

Really cool elevator floor

Our room

We relaxed and watched some of the Razorback Football game, but once we turned the TV on, it got ugly, so we turned it off and got ready for our first Catholic wedding!


All ready to go!

I took tons of pictures, 168 total from the entire weekend, to be exact! But I will try not to post too many. It was such a beautiful wedding and we all had a BLAST! Enjoy!





love fall weddings!

Newly weds cutting the cake! It tasted AMAZING!

There were so many personal touches.
I loved the fireplace!

Pinnacle Hills Country Club made for a beautiful reception.
It was very sweet and romantic.

Me with the gorgeous bride, Katie Collins
(now Katie Hollowell!)

The rest are some snapshots of everyone having a good old time! Everyone had a blast!

Some of my pledge sisters throwing up the X and Horseshoe

No wedding reception is complete without "Shout!"
This was, "a little bit softer now..."

Kansas City All Stars played and they were PHENOMENAL!
Seriously...calling all newly engaged!

I love this pic. My old roomie, Mallory,
caught her second bouquet of the year!
Watch out, Adam!

We had entirely too much fun!

What a wonderful night with some of my pledge sisters!

It was so great to see everyone this weekend! I am completely exhausted from all of the fun. But I will be back in Fayetteville next weekend to cheer on the Hogs vs. Ole Miss! Wooooooooooooo Pig Sooiee!

No comments:

Post a Comment